1. HOW MUCH WILL THE PROGRAM COST?
Full-time students will take between 10-13 credits per semester. Please check here for current rates.
All applicants should complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by the March 1st deadline. The FAFSA is required for many funding opportunities, including the NM Higher Education Department Graduate Scholarship (see #4 below). Please see the UNM Financial Aid Office for more information.
3. MPP ASSISTANTSHIPS
The Program awards a very limited number of Graduate Assistant (GA) positions to incoming students. The GA positions require 10 hours of work per week during the Fall and Spring semesters, cover 6 hours of tuition, and include health insurance. See current pay rates here under .25 FTE "Pre-Master Level." Students who are awarded a GA position and who meet the eligibility requirements for the NM Higher Education Department Graduate Scholarship Program, will be invited to apply to that program to receive an additional 10 hours of support.
In addition to the NM Higher Education Department Graduate Scholarship Program (see #3 above) other scholarship opportunities can be found here.
5. OTHER FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- The Office of Graduate Studies posts assistantship opportunities here.
- Several paid semester and summer internships on and off campus are available to MPP students. These typically do not cover health insurance or tuition.
- The Program shares community job and internship postings on our Internship page, and Facebook and Twitter as they arise.